The event was the most frequented in the last few years, the official audience size was over 120,000. The site was spaced over 2 miles and had screens at 5 locations, the video taken from each site was sent to the other sites via a Satellite up link truck and a down link truck, each site had the ability to mix and output the footage from the other areas.
There was a march by of the different services, this was covered by our bonded link camera, this is a system that sends the signal via 4G to the cloud, therefore we can go anywhere without the need for line of site or cables, it is then downloaded at our OB trucks. This camera walked the whole parade (2 miles) showing live footage.
We had a camera platform opposite the Dais, this was for speeches and for the Dignitaries (David Cameron), we filmed this and this was sent to all the other areas. After the speeches there was an air show which was again filmed and transmitted throughout the area.
From the arena area the team filmed all of the live activities and relayed them back live to the others. Between live events our cameras went into the army village area and did live coverage from there.
Between live coverage we interspersed safety and crowd messages alongside paid advertising from the days sponsors. We provided an interface for any twitter and Facebook uploads.
- 3 x 27sqm Mobile LED Screens in different locations
- 2 x 21sqm Mobile LED Screens
- On board production suites
- On board Generators
- 5 x Microwaved Cameras inc camera operatives
- 1 x Camera with Bonded uplink to roam the full site
- 5 x Camera microwave links
- Microwave links to feed screens
- Ofcom Microwave licences
- 3 x Vision Mixers/Directors
- Screen Technicians at each screen location
- 2 x Uplink and downlink trucks
- 1 x TVRO downlink System
- Plus all links to carry two way signal including sound and comms.
- Production & Site Meetings